Fall is here and these muffins welcome the season with wonderful pumpkin and pecan flavors! A simple yet flavorful muffin to satisfy your taste buds. I mixed the pumpkin flavors from my pumpkin pie scones recipe with the awesome pecan topping from my sweet potato casserole dish. These are oh so delicious and so satisfying with each bite.
2 ½ cups flour
2 cups sugar
½ tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp baking soda
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp pumpkin spice
1 and 1/2 cups pumpkin puree
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup flour
8 tbsp butter melted
3/4 cup pecans chopped
1 cup brown sugar
- Preheat Oven to 375 degrees
- Prep a regular muffin tin (24 count) with foil cups or butter the muffin tin. Or use 2 mini muffin tins 24 count each (for a total of 48).
- Sift all the dry ingredients into a large bowl. Use a whisk to make sure it is mixed well.
- Whisk together the wet ingredients.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients until well blended.
- To make the pecan mixture, melt the butter in a small pot on the stove. Sprinkle in flour, brown sugar and chopped pecans. Mix well, until flour is not longer visible.
- Carefully fold in 3/4 of the pecan mixture until evenly blended.
- Using two regular spoons, scoop and scrape muffin ingredients into the muffin tins evenly.
- Sprinkle the rest of the pecan mixture over the tops of each muffin.
- Bake in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes if using regular muffin tin. Bake for 12 to 18 minutes if using mini muffin tins.
- When muffins are ready (when the toothpick or knife comes out clean from center of a muffin) remove from oven and let cool.
- Plate them and enjoy!
Thanks for reading and hope you enjoy them!