Such a great summer fruit salad! Packed with juicy flavors to enjoy on a hot summer day. And great colors for a fourth of July event. Trust me you’ll have enough for a nice size party. It’s so simple and yet so delicious.
1 Seedless Watermelon (cut into small cubes)
2 pints of Strawberries (diced)
2 pints of Blueberries
1 pint of Blackberries
1 pint of Raspberries
-Optional- 1 pint of pitted cherries and small star cut outs of honey dew
½ cup of chopped fresh mint
1 cup honey
½ cup of lime juice (5 to 6 limes squeezed)
-Optional – instead of mint you can use poppy seeds
- Rinse and clean all fruit (you can rinse with water, vinegar and even baking soda to make sure it’s clean).
- Slice and dice the watermelon into small cubes (approximately ½ inch in size) and place in a large dish that can be sealed.
- Cut the leafy ends off of the strawberries and dice them into small bite size pieces. Add them to the large dish.
- Sprinkle in blueberries, blackberries and raspberries. Stir/mix until there is a nice mix of the colors of fruit.
- Slice and squeeze the limes into a small bowl.
- Either chop fresh mint or sprinkle poppy-seeds into the lime juice.
- Whisk in the honey and continue whisking until everything is blended nicely.
- Add the dressing last and mix well (I usually do it a few hours before serving so there is good flavor).
Thanks for viewing and hope you can enjoy this festive treat this July 4th!